Football?

This past week I had class for a total of two days for three hours each! Never in my entire college career have I been this lucky. So, the past week was relaxing, full of travel planning, and unexpected opportunities.

Our Paris trip was exhausting, just because we wanted to squeeze everything in, so the days of relaxation were much appreciated. Tuesday I actually had class, not that I can complain at all- it was just from 1:30 to 4:45 with a 15 minute break in between-, but it is the after class part that was unexpected. My friends Vicky, from Argentina, and Jemma, from Australia, invited me to soccer/ football practice with the club team at school, and, of course, I went. The practice was so great- I have not dribbled a football ball in almost 5 years, and I had forgotten just how much I love the sport for its athleticism and beauty- even though the girls spoke only French and we struggled to understand. There is nothing better than a team to make you feel like you belong.
Wednesday, another day of no class and so fitting because it is always the highlight of my week, Mary and I began planning for our two week vacation that begins on Friday. It is, to say the least, the most stressful thing I have ever had the pleasure of figuring out, and it becomes a bit of an obsession- which airline is cheapest, who has the best deals-, and it becomes exhausting. However, I, again, cannot complain too much seeing as how I am planning my trips across Europe. A funny story: Mary and I were booking our first trip to London from Bordeaux at the same time. Mary's order went through and was processed and then mine said the last ticket had just been taken. It said my credit card was not credited and that I should try again- you know me and computers, just my luck. So, I tried again, now slightly panicked that I might not get the same flight as Mary. I got through this time and successfully booked the flight. I go to check to my e-mail, and what is waiting for me? Not one but two confirmation e-mails of my flight(s) to London. Now literally freaking out, Jemma and Mary laughing their heads off, we find the help number of easyjet. Thank goodness for the rational Jemma and Mary who helped me to cancel one of the reservations, fully refundable since it was the site's error. But, seriously... only to me!
So below are my travel plans for the next two weeks:
Bordeaux-London (Saturday-Tuesday with Mary, Jemma, Ben, Katie, Casi, and maybe Leah)
London-Barcelona (Tuesday-Thursday with Leah)
Barcelona-Prague (Thursday-Monday with Casey and David)
Prague-Dublin (Monday-Thursday with Megan and Mary)
Dublin-Paris (Thursday-Sunday with Casey to run the half- marathon)

Not a bad deal if I must say so myself- thank you Mom and Dad!

The rest of the evening on Wednesday was one of the highlights of my entire trip. Jemma, Vicky, Arne, Mary, and I all went down to the river to walk, run, and roller blade. It was a gorgeous night with the perfect company. We made a group dinner afterwards, healthy pizzas in Jemma's oven full of tuna and onion thanks to Arne, which were surprisingly delicious, chicken, peppers, etc. We enjoyed each other's company over a delicious meal. And, how can I forget one of the best parts of the day. Jemma and I received e-mails from our football coach saying we were playing in the game on Thursday! What?! Neither of us were expecting it- we didn't even know there were games-, but none the less we went and bought shin guards and socks for our newest adventure.

Thursday, no class yet again, I bought roller blades with Mary so we can all go together by the river when the weather gets nice. They are a child's 36, baby blue with pictures of cartoon characters, but they were only 20 euro, who could pass them up? That afternoon Jemma and I hit the field for our first match. We won 6-0, thanks to Chris and Alba who each scored three goals! I loved getting to play again, and I am so happy that this fell into my lap.

Friday was class and then Mary's friends from home Alex and John came in town from Milano. Friday night we went to a Melting Potes party- Cuir et Moustache-, so we all put on our nicest leathers and even ended up with moustaches by the end of the evening. Saturday we toured Mary's friends around the city and did some touring ourselves since we have been a little slacking on our exploration of this gorgeous place. The night was low key, just meeting up with some friends and then early to bed. Yesterday, Sunday, Annie and I headed out early to make it to the fresh markets by the river. We have been wanting to go for some time now, and I was thrilled by all of the fresh fruits, fish, and vegetables. Annie and I bought a loaf of the most amazing looking bread, and I even got to go behind the stand and cut it myself. We want to go back after all of our travels for lunch and wine by the river. Yesterday evening, I washed my enormity of dirty clothes at the laundry down the street. I was so happy because I tackled the dryers, which only run for 10 minutes at a time, and left with perfectly dry clothes. Yes, that was the first time I have had completely dry clothes since being here. Last time Mary and I settled for damp!

This week is the last of  my second sequence class with the final exam on Friday and our big marketing presentation on Wednesday.
Best wishes to all of you for a great week.
Congratulations to my ADPis for a well-deserved All Sing WIN! <>